Our Purpose: Is to give new female bricklaying apprentices a feeling of support as they enter the non-traditional trade of brick and blocklaying. Mission statement: Our Female Bricklaying Community is a secure and encouraging group specifically designed for young female bricklaying apprentices in SA. We offer valuable content, including trade tips, career advice, and motivation, to help advance their careers from apprenticeships. Our platform serves as a space for members to inspire and support one another, exchange success stories, and ask questions. Our experienced Industry Engagement officers and skilled bricklayers are always available to lend a hand and offer guidance to those aspiring in the field.
Role of the apprentices and bricklaying peer
Benefits of being a bricklaying peer
- Support: Bricklaying peers can provide support and guidance to each other. This can be especially helpful for new bricklayers who are just starting out.
- Community: Bricklaying peers can create a sense of community and camaraderie. This can make work more enjoyable and less stressful.
- Professional development: Bricklaying peers can help each other to stay up-to-date on the latest trends and technologies in the bricklaying industry. This can help them to improve their skills and become more competitive in the job market.
- Mentorship: Bricklaying peers can mentor each other, helping new bricklayers to learn the trade and to develop their skills.
If you are a bricklayer, we encourage you to join our bricklaying peer group. There are many benefits to being a part of a community of bricklayers who support each other and work together to improve the profession.
Success stories of current female ambassadors
Where to seek help:
Brick and Block Careers female field staffIf you have any questions, please contact Elisha Walsh: Industry Engagement Officer | South Australia Elisha.email@example.com – 0477 207 272
- We can offer support and guidance: Female field staff can offer support and guidance to new apprentices, helping them to navigate the challenges of starting out in a new trade. They can also provide emotional support and encouragement.
- Promote diversity and inclusion: Female field staff can promote diversity and inclusion in the bricklaying industry.