Are you qualified in bricklaying and want the Australian climate and lifestyle?

Bricklaying in the Australian climate is nice work … and the door is now wide open.  Are you a qualified brick and block layer who would like temporary work or the opportunity to permanently migrate and work in Australia?  For an outdoor trade, like bricklaying, the warm Australian summer and mild winters of the southern hemisphere have a lot to offer.  Opportunities for outback travel, endless sporting choices and the relaxed lifestyle, suits most bricklayers. Bringing a family?  The standard of living is high – excellent earnings, housing, education, and healthcare.  Culturally, Australia is one of the most stable and tolerant nations, welcoming people of all walks of life.

Following COVID, Australian Housing starts have increased significantly due to the Government’s Stimulus Package

Australian private new home sales have increased this year by 44% compared with the previous year – Ref: Housing Industry Association (HIA) April 2021 report.

Australia Needs Migrant and Visa-entry Bricklayers

There is a skill shortage of bricklayers in Australia, resulting from improved housing starts, an ageing bricklayer workforce and low apprenticeship commencements.  Bricklaying remains on the Commonwealth Government’s Skilled Occupations List which enables skilled bricklayers to apply for Permanent Residency Skilled Migration Visas. Bricklayers are eligible for:
  • Skilled Independent Subclass 189
  • Permanent State Nominated Subclass 190
  • Provisional Regional State Nominated Subclass 491
  • Provisional Regional Family Sponsored Subclass 491
  • Permanent Employer Nomination Subclass186
  • Temporary Employer Nomination Subclass 482
  • Provisional Regional Employer Sponsored Subclass 494
The demand for bricklayers has seen an increase in workers arriving in Australia through a Sponsored 482 Visa.  This enables a worker to stay on a temporary basis for three to four years.

Skilled Bricklayer Visa Categories

There are several ways to come to Australia as a skilled bricklayer and you can lodge your application from home. Visit the Department of Home Affairs website, Visa Options to start or go directly to various categories shown below.

Skills Assessment Requirement

Bricklayers need to be qualified in their country of origin and need to satisfy a skills assessment equivalent ranking to meet the full Australian bricklaying and blocklaying qualification, Certificate III. The Australian Skills Recognition service provides information on assessing your qualifications, skills and experience. Trades Recognition Australia (TRA) provides skills assessments. Working and Skilled Visas The Home Affairs website includes the full list Australian Visas currently available including Skilled Independent and Temporary Work Visas. You can also use the Visa Finder tool if you are unsure which Visa is right for you. This will assist with short and long term skilled and sponsored, business, investment and working holidays. Permanent Residency options and Study and Travel options are also detailed here. Need Assistance? The Downunder Centre and DUC Employment Hub Need Assistance?  The Downunder Centre and DUC Employment Hub have a team of OMARA (Office of the Migration Agents Registration Authority) registered migration agents. They offer free initial consultations to employers and migrants. All Visas       Disclaimer:  There are many Migration agents who can assist with any migration issues, while Brick and Block Careers works closely with DUC Employment Hub to promote bricklaying employment opportunities in Australia, you can also visit Office of the Migration Agents Registration Authority which is run by the Department of Home Affairs.   At this site, you can search the register of migration agents to get help with your Visa and find out the steps to choose a registered migration agent to help with your Visa.