Once you have registered the Bricklayer Apprentice with ABBTF for the subsidies
for your business, you can use ABBTF as an important ongoing resource.
ABBTF can provide support, information and direction to help your experience with your apprentice and to ensure his or her completion and full qualification in bricklaying ie. the CPC30111 Certificate III in Bricklaying/Blocklaying.
What to Expect Flyer
ABBTF advice and services can include all or any of the following:
- ABBTF incentives and subsidies
- Government incentives and subsidies
- Pay rates and employer award obligations
- Training programs and availability
- TAFE and Registered Training Organisation locations
- Building industry trends
- Apprentice achievement awards and how to nominate
- Contacts to a network of industry bodies
- Apprentice career path
- Bricklayer pathway to be a builder or other roles
- Advice on how to retain your apprentice
- Finding a new apprentice
- Links to brick and block manufacturers
- Information on Group Training Organisations
- Other background information on brick and blocklaying.
ABBTF is also in regular contact with bricklayers and apprentices through e-newsletters, email, SMS, the post and through the retention and claims process.